A number of monkeywrenchers and other activists believe that while it was necessary to inform the media about ecotage in the past, it is no longer necessary or wise to do so. Early publicity about monkeywrenching helped to raise the urgency of the debate about conservation issues like ancient forests, and to underscore
the adamant opposition of many people to the destruction of wild places.
That has been accomplished. In most cases, publicity about monkeywrenching in the 1990s is counterproductive and no effort should be made to contact the media.
For tree spiking, it is still absolutely necessary to inform land managers using the above safe techniques; otherwise it is probably best not to publicize your work.
There are, of course, exceptions. Use your best strategic judgment.
- snoregazzzmic reblogged this from effectiveresistance
- trekkingfox likes this
- thislandwasyourland likes this
- penumbralmindspace likes this
- dystopiance reblogged this from bedangeroustogether
- observeschemedestroy likes this
- madcapcat likes this
- bedangeroustogether reblogged this from effectiveresistance
- fathappyandcaffeinated reblogged this from effectiveresistance
- bedangeroustogether likes this
- effectiveresistance posted this